PLANET Europe is a two-year (120 ECs) integrated Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Masters programme for aspiring planners wishing to address economic, environmental and spatial challenges in an international perspective.
The curriculum of PLANET Europe integrates study in at least two universities (Nijmegen and Cardiff or Karlskrona in semesters 1 and 2) and different countries (depending on location during semesters 3 and 4). The programme combines academic study with professional experience and independent research. In your studies, you will focus on processes and outcomes of EU policy-making of relevance to spatial and environmental planning and economic development; on governance and institutional analyses of spatial planning planning in a comparative perspective; and you learn how planners can engage with the international dimension of their work.
Click here for more information about the curriculum, and here to apply today!
- The application period for the 2016-2018 cohort based on the scholarships is now open and will close on December 1st, 2015. Students can apply here. The deadline for self-financing students is 10 February 2016 for applicants from outside EEA, and 10 April 2016 for applicants from EEA countries! See the admission and selection section for more information.
- The Masters thesis of PLANET Europe cohort 1 and cohort 2 graduates are now online. Click here to see the range of topics which our students have researched!
- Academic scholars are invited to apply for an Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus scholarship to contribute to our programme. Click here for the application details.
News from our students and alumni
- Congratulations to our PLANET Europe students who will graduate this summer (2015), on their new jobs:
Iuliia Kauk has been offered a position as Project Officer at the Interreg South Baltic cross-border cooperation programme 2014-2020. Yongping Zhang has received a scholarship from the China Scholarship Council to undertake PhD research at the Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA), University College London (UCL). Timothy Anderson is now working as Research Assistant at Nordregio (Stockholm) on residential segregation in the Nordic capital cities. Pieter Louwers is now a finance assistant at Interreg 4/5A 2 Seas, Zeeën Mers. Li Zheng is involved in planning management work in Chongqing Liangjiang New Area, the third economical zone in China. Can Gölgelioğlu now holds a PhD position at Middle East Technical University and is a teaching assistant at Cankaya University for the City and Regional Planning department. He is giving lectures on comprehensive planning and programming courses relation to urban design and GIS.
- Congratulations to our Planet Europe alumni (graduated summer 2014) on their recent professional achievements:
Sun Qi was invited to give a presentation based on her MSc thesis research at the Velo-city conference in France (June 2015). Mario Sánchez Brox is now working as European projects consultant at the Fundación Equipo Humano, in Valencia, Spain. Feilim O'Connor now works at DG Energy at the European Commission, focussing on smart cities and communities as well as renewable energy technologies. Sesil Dikris Turker is now a sustainability developer at H&M.
Click here for the programme brochure!